Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lea Murray – US Citizen

Congratulations to Lea Murray! She is officially a US Citizen. Lea is an administrative assistant in our O’Fallon, MO office and is originally from the Philippines.

I am very excited that I finally became an American Citizen after 10 years of living here in the US as a Permanent Resident. Few of the privileges that I am excited about are The Right to Vote for Federal Government, get a U.S. passport and I can sponsor my mom and my sister to come to the United States and that is one of my biggest dreams is to reunite with them finally after ten long years of waiting.”

On May 7, 2012 Lea participated in the Oath Ceremony at the Ulysses S. Grant National Park in St. Louis, MO. The ceremony was administered by the Honorable May Ann L. Medler, Chief United States Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Missouri. Christopher W. Dempsey, Senior Litigation Counsel for National Security of U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Division was the guest speaker. Lea was one of 96 petitioners from 42 different countries who became US Citizens at the ceremony.

We are so excited for Lea and hope all of her dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment