Thursday, May 31, 2012

Enjoy Retirement, Roy!!

We knew the day was coming, but it seems as though it arrived too soon. Roy Wilson is retiring after 34 years with GBA. During his time with GBA he was a mentor to many and he will be missed. He served on the Board of Directors and was a Principal in our Buildings Group since 1987. The company owes much of its success to him. Thanks Roy!

It will not be the same around here without Roy, but we are very excited for him. Good luck and we hope you enjoy retirement.

The following are some well wishes from those who have worked with Roy over the years.

Since the day Roy hired me he has been my mentor and has provided his unwavering support. He gave me an opportunity, provided a foundation on which to base my career, and been a great friend. He has provided his unwavering support for our group, and has always been available to listen to our gripes, help us with the hard decisions and celebrate with our successes. We could not have asked for a better leader and there are not enough words to thank him. I wish him all the best in his new career with his family. – Alan Lehman
 
I have enjoyed getting an opportunity to work with you, and I appreciate your tutelage. Best wishes in retirement! – Katie McKenzie

Good luck Roy, thanks for all your coaching and your level-headed and calm approach to all situations. - Steve C.

Hey Roy, its “Old Wood” here talking at you. Man, it’s been a long haul but you’ve made it. I will always remember those awesome eggroll’s you brought in on special occasions and the bacon-burger-dogs at our cookouts – you are the master. Thanks for all the good times we’ve had together at GBA. Enjoy your retirement and keep in touch!   - Gale Starman

Congratulations and best of luck as you enjoy your retirement years.  Your organizational skills and constant attention to detail made us a good team and improved the quality of our documents.  You were my teacher, mentor and dear friend, and I miss you very much.  Thank you for all of your help and guidance.  I hope you will stay in touch and let me know how your family grows.  Aloha, E Hui Ho, Malama Pono… - Pat Cotter

Roy, thanks for all you have taught me in my time at GBA, it is greatly appreciated. I look forward to updates on your new endeavors and know we will stay in touch. - Brian Steiner

Roy, I have really enjoyed working with you over the last 14 years and have learned a lot from you. Enjoy retirement and best of luck in all future endeavors! - Dennis Eisenbarth

No comments:

Post a Comment