Thursday, April 16, 2015

National Architecture Week

In the spirit of celebrating National Architecture Week #ArchWeek2015, we tip our hats to the devoted designers of GBA. This group truly embraces GBA’s core purpose, creating remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life, particularly for the Life Sciences and Critical Facility industries. Whether it’s designing a cleanroom for the latest pharma or biotech advancement or space planning for a mobile switch center, our experts enjoy the challenge of highly specialized and complex regulatory environments.


Rather than just talk about their greatness, we asked why they chose to direct their awesomeness to architecture.

Architecture is a combination of art and science; I chose to become an architect because I enjoy the aspects of design combined with problem solving.” – Victor K.

“I liked art and math so I thought architecture was a good option.  Growing up I would look at house plan magazines and change the designs.” – Leah M.

“I chose to be an architect to be a creative contributor in a client’s growth process, a practical artist who really likes math.” – Michelle C.

“I chose to be an Architect in the 2nd grade because I wanted to create better environments for people to live in and more importantly due to Mike Brady.” – Brian S.

“My dad thought it was my natural calling, a good blend of art and science. In high school, he had me job shadow our neighbor who is a successful Kansas City architect. Plus, he didn’t think I was cut out for the family business, law enforcement. I come from a long line of police officers. Honestly, I can’t see myself doing anything other than architecture. I think it was a perfect fit for me and am grateful my father introduced me to the profession.” – Molly O.

“My mom and dad made me.” – Craig R.

“In third grade I dressed up as an Architect for a class assignment on who we wanted to be when we grew up, from then on that’s what I have always wanted to be.” – Micala M.

No comments:

Post a Comment